Friday, June 28, 2013

Angel Trumpets again. 06-27-13

The Angel Trumpet flowers are blooming now.  I am fascinated and plan to put them into a quilt someday.  If you look in the sidebar for Angel Trumpet Quilts you will see what others have done.


Brugmansia is the formal name and the color I see most often is yellow, in many different shades.  But the different hybrids offer white, yellow, peach, pink, violet, blue, red and orange.   There are varieties that are scented, but I haven't smelled one that is.   I suppose I should go to a nursery this time of year and smell my way around the Brugmansia section!

The white variety is very "angel" like - this one is somewhat single.
 

But there are many whites, some are more full than others.  For a full view of what is available check out:  http://tinyurl.com/ooub9ht
Or just Google "Brugmansia".
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dolores said...

Gorgeous!! A Ruth McDowell quilt inspiration!!

June said...

I've always loved brugmansia. A church up the street had a courtyard filled with them, but one winter (I think it was the winter) they all died. To be replaced by marigolds or some such. Not the same, for sure.