Wednesday, June 26, 2013

On a "Look at me" kick. 06-25-13

Corky, the Poodle Prince has been with me for five days. He has developed a rash and wants to constantly bit and chew at his back legs and thighs. I had a hard time keeping him from chewing himself raw and, of course, it was the weekend so no vet. Although I found out today that his vet (the one who does the acupuncture) does have office hours on Sunday. It never occurred to me - wish I had checked. I put cold compresses on the inflamed parts and applied Benadryl cream that his mommy had sent with him. That helped for a couple hours and then he would start again. All I could think of to do was to have him right next to me and physically stop him from biting himself - so I didn't accomplish much on the tasks I had lined up for the weekend. I am wondering if he has developed an allergy to peanut butter, which he gets everyday with his medications and in his favorite little dog bone shaped treats. We are going to stop the pb and see what happens. And we will give him a antihistamine pill and use a antihistamine spray. Poor little guy, I wish he could tell me what helps and what doesn't. He is back with his parents tonight, so maybe I can catch up on some sleep.

New Year's Eve day 2012 - Corky in his Trojan T-shirt, asleep on his "viewing box".


Del at Glacier Nat'l Park - June 2012

I had a request from a guild for a picture to use for publicity and I imagine everyone is sick of seeing me in my orange shirt and hat. So, I've spent some time looking through pictures to find one I liked that I didn't look like a fool or a big fat blob. I rather like this one, so I have sent it off to the PR person. In doing this picture sorting I came across some pictures I had forgotten about, so it was a worthwhile effort. The Portal image in my Monday Browsing is one of my re-discoveries.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dolores said...

Love your picture and stop cutting yourself down - that's an order!! You are well loved!! XX