Saturday, June 8, 2013

Assorted pictures from a Road Trip 06-08-13

My long trip has caught up with me the last few days and all I want to do is sleep.  I'm one of those who believes that we can catch up on our sleep, so I am doing my best.   Here is a selection of pictures that might be of interest. 


I saw a lot of wind devils both going and returning, this one just west of the Arizona/New Mexico border.  Not as dangerous as a tornado, but if one hits the car as it crosses the highway it is best to hang onto the wheel.
 

I have no idea what this is.  It appeared on the south of I-44 just before Indianapolis. 
 

I stopped for gas when I was going NE in Missouri and saw this guy standing against the wall with his coffee and cigarette.  When I framed the shot he had his left knee bent with his foot on the wall.  Very "western" and "macho".  But then he put his foot down, I was tempted to go ask him to do it again.  Oh, well.
 

On Sunday afternoon there was a wedding at the University Inn in Athens, OH.  It was interesting to see the work that went into setting it up.  There was another wedding while we were there with the chairs covered with white slipcovers.  The four bridesmaids wore grey gowns, each one with a different neckline.  Is this a trend? 
 

If I straighten out this picture the point of the image disappears.  Why does this truck have three extra tires on each side - that don't touch the ground!  I can't imagine.
 

Back in New Mexico there were fabulous cloud formations.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dolores said...

You covered a lot of ground on your trip!! Love the clouds! So where is your next trip and when ? Rest up and get going!! XX

Unknown said...

It looks like a dump truck of some sort. Do you suppose the three wheels function when the bed is elevated or tipped--or even removed? They seem to be too small to be spares, because the other tires are much bigger. But then again, my spare tire is smaller than the others on my car.