Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wordless Wednesday 07-10-13

Although this is Wordless Wednesday, I need to add a few words.  The quilting community has lost another long time star, Mary Ellen Hopkins, author of "It's Okay to Sit on my Quilt",  has died at the age of (about) 83.  She has not been active for five or six years.  I have this information from:
 http://melinful.blogspot.com/2013/07/mary-ellen-hopkinsrip.html  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

I'm so sorry to hear of Mary Ellen's passing. I remember her book well. She was a real luminary in the quilt world.

Karen Rips said...

I'm sorry to here this also. I attended a lecture by Mary Ellen once and she was such a dynamic person.

June said...

Your photos seem like a tribute. It's amazing that those heroes of the new-quilt revolution can have become 80+ years old. Makes one think....

Suzanne Kistler said...

"It's okay if you sit on my quilt" was the first quilt book I bought. I loved the attitude that quilts that are given as gifts should be used and loved as the recipient deems.

The eucalyptus pods remind me of my mom. She was a potter, and frequently used them to imprint her unique stoneware.

Thank you for inspiring good memories!