Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Lunch at Ramos House 08-20-13

Lunch out - again!  And at one of my favorite spots - Ramos House in San Juan Capistrano, across the tracks from the Amtrak station.   It currently is a "Road Warriors" job to drive from the I-5 into SJCapistrano, due to the complete reconstruction of the overpass and all the ramps.  Leaving to come home it took me almost 20 minutes to get through one signal.  I think I'll try the back way when I go again, although I have only taken that route once.  "lost forever......"


My lunch partner had the Pan Perdu with peaches, which is her frequent choice.  I have eaten it here and it is very, very good.
 

After watching Liz devour a serving a few weeks ago, I couldn't pass up a chance to try the hash with fried poached eggs.  Today the hash was vegetable hash with tasty and interesting veggies.  I did not eat all of it and brought it home in a box along with the biscuit and applesauce.  But this is a dish I will order again.  And I won't mind if I can't eat it all, I'll ask for a box.  Tonight for dinner I warmed the hash in a frying pan, stirred in a beaten egg, put it on a plate and topped it with half an avocado chopped.   Delish!
 

The two fried poached eggs are amazing.  Liz and I learned last time that the eggs are poached, crumbed and finished in the deep fat cooker.  The yolks were perfect - how come they weren't hard after all that cooking? 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dolores said...

I want the peach dessert - NOW!!!!!

Quiltedtime said...

Looks great. Especially the peach dessert.