Sunday, August 18, 2013

Lunch in San Diego? It must be Ikiru. 08-17-13

I drove down (and back) to Visions Art Museum on Wednesday.  It was quite an easy drive, little traffic either way and the weather was lovely.  I had a meeting about the upcoming exhibit of quilts from TCQC and went to lunch with Beth Smith.   It has become more difficult for me to eat anywhere but the nearby Japanese restaurant, Ikiru.  After all, I can't eat there just any old time I start lusting after their excellent food.


Beth ordered one of the special offerings and I cannot remember the name.
 

Maybe she will let me know what it was so I can add it here.  It was delicious.
 
 
This is the Real Crab Roll that I ordered.  Real crab instead of the ersatz crab more commonly served.  The crab was cooked so the roll was warm.   We both were in ecstasy and decided that we would call this the Ecstasy Roll.  Remember the restaurant scene in "Harry met Sally"?  That is the way I felt about this roll. 
 
 
The rolls are very filling, but I was so tempted to order another one because it was so good.
 
 
A close up of the decoration on top - fish roe and finely chopped green onion. 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dolores said...

Why is it difficult for you to eat anywhere????

Loretta said...

Oh my goodness, another reminder that I MUST visit Visions and then have lunch! Or, is it, have lunch and then visit Visions? ;-)