Friday, August 2, 2013

Quilt Festival - Long Beach, CA #1 08-01-13

Preview night for Quilt Festival - Long Beach 2013 was tonight at the Long Beach Convention Center.  This will be the last time it will be in LBeach, next August it will move to Portland, OR.
I was scheduled from 7pm to 9pm, but arrived about 5:30 so I could look at some of the quilts.  However, I only looked at a very few, but talked to many people I know, or who know me.  And, of course, I visited with Judy Warren-Tippets and Beth Smith from Visions Art Museum who were tending the VAM table - handing out cards, selling Visions catalogs, and encouraging everyone to visit VAM and become a member. 

I did look at a few quilts as I came and went, but only photographed two that are part of the "Maps" exhibit.   They are about 26"W x 36"L.

 

Both Beth and I have our reservations about the white runway, but otherwise I think the colors in this piece are wonderful.
 
 

Annette was there this evening and stopped to talk to us at the Visions table.  Again, it is the color that attracts me to her quilt.  She has controlled the values to give the surface almost a 3D look.
 

Del Thomas and Beth Smith at the Visions Art Museum table at Quilt Festival - Long Beach.  On the left is a quilt by Cuauhtémoc Q. Kish and on the right a quilt by Karen Cunegin.  08-01-13
 

Judy Warren-Tippets and Beth Smith at Visions Art Museum table - QFestival - Long Beach  08-01-13
Posted by Picasa

No comments: