Friday, August 30, 2013

Seagulls 08-29-13

I've taken many photos of birds, gulls among them, but have yet to make a seagull quilt.  I've done a few drawings, but nothing has "sparked" my "muse". 

 
Such a handsome bird against an unbelievable blue sky.  He/she is gathering material for the cursory nests that gulls build.
 

This immature gull on the beach at Monterey Bay almost blends into the background - keeps predators at bay.
 

Herring gull in a parking lot along Hwy 101 in Long Beach.  He looks a bit pigeon-toed!
 

There are always gulls gathered at the Oceanside Civic Center pool - nice water texture in this photo.
 

And here is a quilt that I admire whose maker heard her muse.  Label below.
 

Grandmother's Flower Garden?  Who would have thunk it?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patty ♣ said...

This is one I liked a lot too!