Saturday, October 26, 2013

Corky and some miscellaneous 10-26-13




I have always been fond of yoghurt (however you choose to spell it), but not sweetened, non-fat yoghurt. A few months ago I tried a brand that is new to me - NOOSA, which claims to be an Aussie version, but made in Colorado. I gotta tell you, it is delicious, though fattening. However, it is so rich and tasty that about a half a cup is satisfying. Mango is my favorite, although peach or raspberry are very tasty also. It is dessert!

 

Corky was at Camp Del for four nights this week and went home this evening.
He has this fancy crate that he sometimes likes to be in, so I hauled it to my house for him because he is getting very old and decrepit.  He needs a "hidey-hole" these days.
 

But once he hopped in he couldn't figure out how to get out and had to give me a bark to tell me he needed help.  A little senility has set in.
 

I got him turned around, but not before I had taken a few pictures, including his cute little tail.
 

Of all the computer gremlins that have visited my laptop, this is the strangest.  Did you know your computer could turn it's screen info upside down?  I had turned aside to write some notes and when I turned back this had happened.  I signed off, turned off and back on, but it was still upside down.  I had to call someone who knows more about computers than I to find out what to do.  They had never heard of such a thing, but knew how to look in the hidden depths of computer information, figure it out, and tell me how to change it back to right side up.  Computers are amazing and wonderful, but they could sometimes drive a body right over the edge.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dolores said...

Loved your newsy "note" this morning :) I've never seen nor heard of the screen flipping! Love yogurt and mango is my favorite fruit as well. Have a nice Sunday!!

Quiltedtime said...

I left my laptop for a few minutes the other day only to return and find my 18 pound Maine Coon draped across it and the screen turned sideways. I have no idea how she did it. Finally, I restored the computer to an earlier date in time and it did correct the screen issue. Whew!