Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wordy Wednesday 10-30-13

Miscellaneous 'stuff'.

I don't remember when or where I heard about Charles Chocolates.  It was a time that I wanted a special gift for special people. How special are you to receive a box of ten chocolates costing $24?  And each piece is about half of a See's chocolate.  As it turned out my friends and I agreed that See's doesn't have exotic fillings, but we like See's best!  Chuck wasn't doing so well and had to close his shop.  But he found a spot on a crowd funding site and I pledged some money against his 50K goal.  He made the goal and opened a new shop in San Francisco where he seems to be doing better and has expanded into offering afternoon teas.  As a reward for my donation I was entitled to over $200 in chocolates.  But the requirement was ordering the entire amount at one time.  Fortunately this month Visions Art Museum was having their annual fund raiser Sip, Savor, Stroll + Chocolate.  So, I ordered up the entire amount and we used them in the raffle baskets, each one had either chocolate or a certificate for buying chocolate.  We had chocolates from many sources including the little shop across the street from VAM.  Their offerings, like Chuck's, are expensive and delicious - a special occasion treat.
 
 
"Songbird in the Pumpkin Patch"  2013  Del Thomas Postcard 4" x 6"
Fused and edge stitched.
Yes, I am sewing again, but I'm going to need some practice, especially on the edge finishes.  Guess it has been so long I have lost my touch.
 

Motorcycle with a sidecar!  I thought they only had these in WWII movies!
This one was on the I-5 just going into Camp Pendleton yesterday. 

3 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

That was an excellent solution to your chocolate dilemma. My godmother would have hoarded them like her own personal gold mine. We always tease her about her boxes of Sees.

Dolores said...

Your pumpkin is charming - you're too hard on yourself!! Glad you're sewing again :)

Anonymous said...

Love your little bird on the pumpkin. It's just perfect!
Sally (a volunteer at VAM)