Sunday, November 17, 2013

Left-handed Mousing 11-16-13

The problem with my right wrist has forced me to try mousing with my left.  I'm not entirely successful, but will keep at it in case I do need to have surgery.  I survived the EMG test - it was uncomfortable but not really painful.  What was painful was when the doctor inserted a long needle in the joint between my thumb and wrist.  OUCHIE!  I will go in on Monday afternoon to hear what the verdict is and what we will do about it. 
 
 
Trader Joe pumpkins - Brea, CA  2011 

3 comments:

Susan Turney said...

Del, I had the same problem a couple of years ago and used the wrist brace you can get at Walgreens, etc. I found it to be a hassle to wear during the day if I was out but wore it faithfully at night. (I kept waking up with my wrist bent at a funny angle without it). I really, really didn't want surgery. After a few months I no longer had any pain and don't even think about it now.
I always thought it was because my keyboard was higher in my new house and since have changed my typing to the hunt and peck method. Not ideal but so much better than surgery, IMO.

Dolores said...

Maybe Susan's experience could help you Del!! I do wish you good test results and fast healing!!

Elaine said...

Hoping and praying all will be well!