Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Surfside Quilters Guild 11-12-13

I am having trouble with my right wrist and have seen the doctor who took x-rays and had a   taken, but there has been no treatment other than the brace I retrieved from the back of the cupboard, having saved it from a previous wrist problem.  The doctor says it is carpal tunnel that makes my fingers numb, but something else is wrong to cause the excruciating pain I have in my wrist and lower arm.  It occurs to me that it might be the dreaded Mouse Syndrome and I might have to give up the computer for a short time.  I will perhaps be able to post brief updates, but don't worry if I am silent now and then. 

 
Surfside Quilters Guild met today for their first "Challenge Fest" which included a delicious light brunch.  It was all delightful with decorated tables and a bunch of door prizes (not something we do at regular meetings) and I think everyone had a good time.  Here I am with Odette Osantowski who won several ribbons, including the all over prize which was a nice crisp $100 bill.  In the past the guild has donated a hundred dollars for top prize for Block of the Month, but we were informed that we cannot use money from our treasury for prizes, it is against the rules in CA (and maybe other states), so on behalf of TCQC I donated the $100.  I've noticed that having cash prizes is a big incentive for participation.  
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Dolores said...

You are awesome, my friend !!!

Dolores said...

You are awesome, my friend !!!

Dolores said...

I thought I better clarify. I think you're awesome because of your generosity as well as how you take your ailments in stride - NOT that I'm happy about your wrist hurting. I don't always convey my thoughts well - ARGH!!!!

Have a good day, Del :)

Carol said...

Sorry there is not a simple solution for your wrist! What a great idea to donate the prize money.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the donation for the Viewers Choice Award and congrats to Odette for her wonderful quilt....a winner! Such a fun meeting.

June said...

I'm reading my Feebly feeble reader trying to get caught up on my blogs and I note that you are still writing, albeit a bit more slowly.

Hope your wrist gets better. Dreaded mouse is right. Jer swears you can learn to use the other hand. I swear you can, but perhaps it isn't worth it:-)