Sunday, November 10, 2013

Exhibit opening reception +Portals 11-09-13

This evening was the reception for the "Recent Acquisitions From the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection " at Visions Art Museum in San Diego.  There were about 90 people attending, not bad for a holiday weekend!  It was a lovely group of people and they all seemed to enjoy the exhibit.  One of the VAM Board Members suggested that we do a popular vote, so all the guests are handed a little ballot and a golf pencil to vote for which quilt they like best.  Several ask me which is my favorite, but I tell them I don't have a favorite - how could I?   They are all my favorite or I wouldn't have added them to the Collection!  

I was so busy talking and answering questions and explaining techniques that I didn't take a single picture, or even think about where my camera might be - in my purse!  But after my meeting tomorrow I'll go back to the museum and if there aren't many people there I will take more pictures.  



Gate with bougainvillea at Spinnaker Bay  July 2010
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Loretta said...

I'm pleased to hear the exhibit and opening night were a success! But, then with so many fabulous works of art and a collector with a very special eye, how could it have been any different. Congratulations!

Ann Scott said...

Yesterday my sister and I visited VAM in part to celebrate her birthday. The exhibit is exquisite, dynamic and inspiring. Thank you for collecting and so generously sharing with the public!

Carol said...

Del, It was a magical evening! We enjoyed it so very much. I lost my husband at one point and found him, glasses off, face two inches from a quilt, receiving info from Del. (He is not a quilter.) The exhibit catalog is the best I have ever seen. Can't wait to go back. XO

Dolores said...

Sounds like a smashing success. You deserve it!!! Happy for you :)