Saturday, December 14, 2013

Art Quilt Exhibit in Poway 12-14-13


Friend Liz Williams and I drove down to Poway Center for the Performing Arts in Poway, CA., to attend the opening of the "Fiber Reactions" exhibit from SCalifornia members of SAQA.  The postcard lists thirty artists, but I didn't see work from several of them.  Most showed two quilts, usually in the same style.  They have, I suppose, found their "voice".   I think every possible surface design technique was shown - lots of hand-dyed fabric and hand stitching along with machine work. 
Here are a few quilts that I admired - I will show I few more on another day.

 

 
 

 
 

Kathy has an unusual sense of humor which always causes me to laugh out loud,
 

An extra treat was the view out the two story windows onto the "piazza" with the red sweet gum trees (Liquidambar styraciflua). 
 

At one point there was a huge gust of wind and the air was full of swirling red leaves - gorgeous.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dolores said...

You gave me a visual feast this morning - thanks!!