Sunday, February 2, 2014

Aileyn Ecob 12 x 12 quilt in TCQC 02-02-14

In October 2013 I had so much going on in my life that I didn't post the 12" x 12" quilts I purchased from the Studio Art Quilt Associates online fundraising auction.  This is the first of a series until I have shown all of them. .
 


I know Aileyn from classes at Empty Spools Seminars at Asliomar in Pacific Grove, CA,  She does impeccable hand applique and exacting technical finishing on her quilts.   The background color in this image is more true than in the rest of the pictures - grey, not blue.
 
Just one leaf with a slight shadow.  Don't know why the background is blue in this pix.

 
I like the piping on two sides, this detail is at lower right
 

And a great rocky fabric on the back.   

 I saw this quilt on the auction site and thought how great it was to see an image similar to one I had taken at Bishop Creek in the Eastern Sierra.   I had forgotten that Aileyn had asked me if she could use the photo as inspiration and I didn't realize her source until I read the label - then I remembered.  I think she did a great job and I am especially happy to have it as part of TCQC.
#   #   #

2 comments:

aileyn Ecob said...

Dear Del,
Thank you for sending me the message about the little SAQA quilt being on your blog. I have your blog on my "favorites" but may not have checked it. Must have been fun to be reminded that this design was right from your photo. Fondly, Aileyn

Anonymous said...

Del,
It would be wonderful if your collection could be exhibited at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, then I could see them in person. Art quilts are starting to catch on in our area, but those of us who make them are still in the minority. Thank you for being an avid supporter of art quilts.
Kalia