Saturday, March 1, 2014

Rain - wonderful rain! 02-28-14

This weed grew about six inches today.  I saw it this morning about 6" tall - by late afternoon it was a foot!

It rained off and on all day, sometimes heavily. There was lightning and thunder and wild winds. I did not go out except to take a few pictures on the patio. I opened the garage door to take some shots out front, unfortunately by the time I had my camera in hand and the door open, the rain let up. I include two similar pictures so I can bitch a bit about living in a parking lot. These were taken during the day when many people are at work. But my neighbors in the cul-de-sac all own multiple cars, plus a motor home and a tent trailer. They have had the tent trailer opened up for about a week and I have wondered if someone was actually living in it! The house on the end at the right has four people and four cars which they park partially over the sidewalk. One of the things we liked when we purchased this house was that people parked their cars in the garage. But almost all of the old, original owners have died or gone to retirement living and the young families seem to have a much different idea of how they want their neighborhood to look. One good thing is that everyone has to have their cars off the street on Mondays for the street sweeper. It is a lovely sight with no cars parked along the curb, but there are those who have four cars parked in their driveway/sidewalk. There, I got that off my chest - thanks for listening!


3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Different rules for different parts of the country. We must have cars off the street for over 4" of snow. Once a summer the street gets swept and cars must be off street. One curious law, you will be ticketed if you park your car on the front lawn. My neighbors mother parks in my driveway at night, better than on the street, she can walk right over the side lawn and be on her way in the morning. Good to be a good neighbor.

Loretta said...

Oh my gosh!! You sound like me!!! I've been in a construction zone for perhaps 5 years now....it's just beginning to clear up! One more house finished and to be sold and 3 others to have finishing touches to their restorations completed, I hope, soon! I think when both adults in the household must work to maintain the lifestyle with which they seem to live, they never see the outside or neighbor of their homes. Grouse!!! Grouse!!!!!

Elaine said...

We were so excited about the rain and was disappointed when anticipated part 2 was not as rigorous. All of our plants are sreaming, "Happy, Happy, Happy". We live on a half acre so I am happy when a new neighbor is not a horse lover-I like horses but there by-product is flies-so far so good with our new neighbor.