Thursday, June 19, 2014

Last four quilts from Beach Cities QGuild QShow 06-19-14

I may try to retrieve some of Liz' pictures, she likes different quilts than I.  But I don't really know how to access her pictures and will have to "play around" with them.  When I have a bit of time, I'll give it a try. 
 

Here is another modern quilt by Nancy Gasparotti.   I love the diamonds, but haven't yet been able to adjust to all grey backgrounds.  They look a little dirty to me - I'll get over it!
 


This quilt is more effective in-the-fabric, the squiggly lines on the straight lines really made my eyes strain to see the design.  The flowers remind me of some I made lately, but I think these are more effective than mine. 


Interesting design done with impeccable technique.  But I don't think the quilting works well.

The outlines, beaks and legs are done with a precise satin stitch. 

I think this guy has a club foot - and just one! 

I know, I can't read it either, but I wanted to at least have the artist's name and the quilt title shown.  She says that she used "Backyard Birds" pattern by Piece O' Cake, but changed the colors and something on the birds.  A lovely little quilt. 

 
#   #   #


No comments: