Thursday, October 9, 2014

Looking back, again. 10-09-14

FYI - Yesterday's bird is a black-crowned night heron photographed at Dana Point, CA. 
\
Sorry, I have my dates messed up.  This quilt is from the 2010 SAQA Auction.  NOT 2007. 
I looked back today to see when I started putting images of quilts in the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection on my blog.  It was September 26, 2007 and below is the post from that day.  Although this is not the quilt that started TCQC, I'll have to show that one of these days.   I still think Joan's quilts are amazing and I am happy that this quilt is part of the Collection.  Check out her website at http://www.joansowada.com/ , a change from 2007!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~09-26-07~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I had a note today from Joan Sowada a Wyoming quiltmaker whose small
(1 foot square) quilt, "Pink Purses in Rome", I purchased from an online auction. I admire her quilts - they are amazing. You can see more of her work at http://www.avacenter.org/usergallery.php?ID=10
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Another introduction to a fabulous artist. Thank you.