Thursday, February 19, 2015

Ramos House restaurant 02-19-15



 You can see the train tracks in the middle of this image.





Yesterday's  picture was taken at Ramos House in San Juan Capistrano, a lovely little outdoor place with unusual food.  It was almost too cool for me, but I managed a chair in the sun facing the railroad tracks.  Yes, it is right on the tracks at the SJCapistrano depot, so the trains come through regularly.  But they are not disruptive, actually rather interesting to me.   I didn't take pictures of my lunch, which was lox on toast, because it wouldn't have been much of a picture.  I also enjoyed a latte.  For some reason I am always interested in the other people sitting around me.  It is an eclectic bunch from young women in tattoos and long skirts, to business men in suits, to the "ladies who do lunch".  There always seems to be a group of women, of any age, celebrating a birthday with gifts and balloons.  The old house it occupies is in the original "town" of SJCapistrano and there are several museums, a lot of little shops and coffee places and adjacent is an interesting nursery and a petting zoo.  Nice place to spend an afternoon - you might even take the train down (or up) and back. 

2 comments:

Carol said...

Let's go back!

Anonymous said...

I haven't taken a train up (from San Diego) for years...it sounds like a great idea. Thx, Del.