Sunday, September 6, 2015

New Ruth B. McDowell quilt in TCQC 09-06-15

This quilt by Ruth McDowell is currently being shown at Visions Art Museum in San Diego as part of the exhibit "Collector's Showcase".  I added it to TCQC earlier this year.
 
I love the way Ruth incorporates traditional designs into some of her quilts - that was the first thing that attracted my attention, since Goose In The Pond is one of my favorite traditional block designs.  But only Ruth could come up with a combination like this. 
 
 
Ruth has the ability to make her pieced animals and people look realistic whether she uses straight or curved piecing.


She invents her quilting design as she works.

Her signature is on the front....

...and on the label on the back.  She gives the necessary information: Title, name of maker, date, and a way to contact her.

She always has interesting backs - this one is elegant.
#   #   # 

2 comments:

Loretta said...

Fabulous!!

Cindy Cooksey said...

I am always amazed how intrepid her piecing is, of things I could only applique. The quilting I could see was fun, too!