Sunday, March 20, 2016

Food Adventure 03-20-16

Today was the meeting of the art quilt group I belong to in San Diego.  After the morning meeting we usually go to lunch and some new and delicious place.  Today we were going to a Thai restaurant, but when we got there it was not open.  However, there were three other restaurants in the strip mall, so we checked them out an chose The Sizzling Pot King.  It had two table open and all the rest were occupied by Asian people.  Gotta be good, eh?  First we had the waitress help us decipher the menu and then order two medium "pots" - one with prawns and one with chicken and black fungi.  As you see in the pictures below the food came already cooked in flat "pots" which were placed on burners on the table.  Other than the meat components the ingredients were pretty much the same in each pot.  Cauliflower, bean sprouts, potatoes, celery, hot peppers (which we set aside) and a sauce - garlic for the chicken and sweet/sour for the prawns.  We also shared an order of noodles which had a peanut sauce.  It was all delicious - I'd certainly go again.
 
This is the sign in the window.
 
The shrimp dry hot pot.
 
The chicken/black fungi dry hot pot.
 
They only supply a plate the size of a bread/butter plate.  I noticed that the other diners were taking the food from the pots with their chopsticks, so I tried that - very satisfactory.
 
#   #   #
 

2 comments:

Rayna said...

You go to the most interesting places. I would kill to find a place like this in New Jersey. We just have boring restaurants. I just had breakfast and I'm already starving again, looking at these photos.

Rebecca said...

What fun! I wish my "eating-out" friends were more adventurous. Incidentally, I often look at my fellow diners to see who a restaurant appeals to, but especially in ethnic restaurants.

I know you have places you like around Liberty Station, but noticed that the "Liberty Food Hall" recently opened. More options!