Sunday, April 10, 2016

Too late for me tonight. 04-10-16

Here I am at Asilomar, it is 11pm and I am exhausted.  All this hiking around is taking its toll on me.  I guess I will have to resort to the jitney.  Fortunately, I am right across the sidewalk from the classroom, Nautilus, so I  can easily walk to class.  To the Dining Hall...  not so much.  I should have brought a larger bottle of Tylenol/Arthritis pills.  Sue Benner's class is only twenty students which is a good number for the classroom, leaving us some space to move around.  The rain let up this evening, but it has rained pretty much all day - just a light sort of drizzle, but enough to soak through one's clothes quickly.  I visited Back Porch Fabrics,  had lunch at the Red House, and went to the Monterey Peninsula QGuild quilt show at Chataqua Hall.  They had a lot of traditional and traditional variations, but also the last row was all contemporary quilts - some were very well done.  It is a small hall so there are no vendors, but a cute little boutique and "garage sale" in a back room.  Then I drove on to Asilomar to check in at the Empty Spools desk and haul my stuff into the classroom.  I hope I have all the right stuff!

No pictures today in the rain, but here is the side view of Merrill Hall taken as the sun set in 2010. 

 #   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

I love the new walkways and stairs...makes moving 'stuff' around lots easier! I know you'll enjoy every minute. I look forward to your first class report!