Thursday, June 9, 2016

Another Del Quilt 06-09-16

Here is a quilt I made just because I wanted to!  No challenge or assignment.  Afterward I submitted it to an exhibit and it appeared in several different venues.   I thought I might do a series, but only created two.  The other one sold.  This one is around the house somewhere.  It has a torn edge binding, a technique I came up with sometime in the late 1990's.  It works well for wall quilts because it reduces the bulk, but it wouldn't survive on a bed quilt. 
"Heartstrings I"  Del Thomas 2005  11"W x 14"L
Commercial cottons, hand-dyed cotton, cotton batting, cotton thread.
Raw edge machine applique, machine quilted.
#   #   #
 

2 comments:

Dolores said...

I love this one, Del!! You do such great work!! Hope you're well and happy. XX

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

I love this wall hanging! Are there instructions available for torn edge binding? This is a new technique to me? Cheers!