Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Shipping quilts 06-07-16

From JUNE 24th to 26th Ruth McDowell will be showing 62 of her wonderful quilts at the Vermont Quilt Festival.  I won't be able to go, but am sending quilts from TCQC to hang with others that she has gathered from her family and collectors.   I've shipped quilts before and know that one of the most difficult things is finding appropriate boxes that are the right size.  I have some, but will need a few more, so tomorrow I will be looking for boxes.  They need to be large enough to avoid having too many folds in the quilts, but small enough for me to carry from house to car to FedEx.  Liz will be here on Thursday to give me a hand.  What a friend she is!  Thank You, Liz. 
 
Here is one of the quilts that will appear in Vermont. 
 
"Fort Morrison Jerseys" Ruth B. McDowell  2003   65.5"W x 46"L
Cotton fabric, cotton thread.  Machine pieced and quilted.
 
#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Have you considered rolling some them between acid-free tissue and shipping in a large tube? Fed-ex perhaps can assist with the tube size!? This will be an absolutely wonderful show...sure wish I were able to be on the East Coast for it. I have a friend in MA and will send the show info to her -- she's a quilter and knows of Ruth's wonderful work.