Thursday, September 8, 2016

Road Trip Maine - home again. 09-07-16

I arrived  home last night about 7:15pm after driving 782 miles in 11 hours and 15 minutes.  From Albuquerque to Placentia.  I intended to stop along the way - Flagstaff, Kingman, Barstow -, but I was feeling good and not too tired so I just kept driving.  Filled up with gas in Kingman which was enough to get me home and leave enough fuel to get to the filling station today.  I called the people I needed to call and just went to sleep - for eleven hours!  Of course, there were three pit stops during the night and once I woke up because I was chilly, only to realize I had forgotten to cover back up when I got in bed.  That's tired! 

All day I have been slowly unpacking and putting away, but the car still seems full!  I have things for three different students from the class which I hope to deliver this next weekend.  The heavy things it would have been hard for them to take on the plane.  I went out to dinner at Fish in a Bottle as I have been craving sushi (it was yummy), filled up with gas, picked up a few groceries at TJoe's, and picked up KoKo from his caretaker.  We were both excited to see each  other.  He looks great and the people who cared for him are willing to have him back when I am out of town again (this coming week for a couple days).  I need to plan KoKo  into my schedule when I accept an out-of-town presentation or want to go off for a night  or  two.  In fact I need to check everything already on my calendar and be sure I have arranged care for him.  He chased Froggie for  a while and let me rub him all over, then went to sleep on my lap so I couldn't type.  The result is just these few pictures from yesterday.  I'll detail the long last day, a boring drive, tomorrow.  And give you some statistics.  It was a great trip, everything except the rain storms. 

 

 It was the strangest sunset last evening about  7pm.  There was a huge grey cloud over the Los Angeles basin and the sun set in a crack along the horizon.  It was quite brilliant.  All that grey in the upper part of the picture is cloud.


As I was making the transition from the 91 Fwy to Tustin Ave, I could see the last light beyond the palm trees and the pillars of the freeway overpass.  I took a least a dozen pictures, but driving in traffic while taking pictures is difficult and only these two are worth saving.
 

Looking to the east the cloud is still there with just a slit on the horizon.  Here I am back in the land of white cars and palm trees.  These are just where my Starbuck''s is located.
 
I will edit pictures tomorrow in between unpacking and putting away and doing laundry.  I expect my mail will come in a big box tomorrow.  I had them save it at the PO because my mail basket is not large enough to  hold three weeks of mail.  Hope there aren't too many bills to pay!
KoKo is in bed and soon I will join him.
#   #   #
 

3 comments:

sonja said...

Home sweet home and i bet Coco is so glad you are home!

Loretta said...

Welcome home Del. We've had a wonderful adventure to a fabulous workshop. Thank you for sharing.

Suzanne Kistler said...

Welcome home! So glad you made the trip safely!