Wednesday, July 5, 2017

KoKo doesn't like July 4th 07-04-17

It was a quiet 4th of July here in Orange County California, except for the fireworks which had KoKo in a tizzy.  When we walked at 7pm (84F) there were already booms and bangs and he didn't want any part of it.   He strained at the leash to head for home until I had to pick him up and carry him lest he tear my arm out of the socket.  All the rest of the evening he was on me like another skin, so I had to sit and hold him, talking and petting and soothing.  He seemed to want to be on my head and he climbed up on the back of my recliner, something he has never done before.  For a while I wrapped him in his quilt while I held him, which seemed to help.  I had read about this online somewhere.  They make special 'bundling' coats for dogs, but I don't want to invest in one for one day a year.  Needless to say, he didn't get a bath today - tomorrow, for sure. 

It is very hot again, running in the high 80s and low 90s.  A little early in the summer for that kind of heat, but not unheard of.  I am still not quilting and it looks like I will miss another deadline.  Gotta get control of that lack of creativity soon or I will forget how to sew.

Meanwhile, I have finished the Surfside Quilters Guild newsletter.  A whole week late this time.  I will do better in future months.  The meeting is next Tuesday, already! 
 
#   #   #

1 comment:

Dolores said...

Something soon will spur you on to creativity!!! Take care. XX