Thursday, July 6, 2017

No summer trip this year 07-06-17

This is usually the time of year that I hit the road for some distant place, enjoying the driving, the scenery, the weather, the plants and the people along the way.  But this year I will pretty much stay home with KoKo and try to cure my strained right shoulder.  I had an MRI this morning - so we will see what we shall see!  Hope it isn't anything requiring surgery - I'm not into surgery! 

The flowers here are on a bush called the Mexican Bird of Paradise.  They are a landscape plant used extensively in the Lake Havasu area and these are at the Pilot station off I-40 and Arizona 95.  I see them around Fullerton/Anaheim/ Placentia, but I wasn't able to grow them when I tried them here. 





#   #   #

2 comments:

sonja said...

Interesting enough, we have that plant/bush, it is called Royal Poinciana here in the islands and it grows into a small tree if pruned but beware of the thorns on the branches. there is an all yellow one and the orange/yellow one..interesting enough, i awoke this morning with a sore shoulder. Motrin and conscious movement made it throught the day.
I will Miss your road trip posts but Koko will be happy!

abelian said...

Wishing your shoulder well! My husband had a strained shoulder a couple of months ago, and benefited greatly from physical therapy. Hope that's an option for you. Dottie