Monday, September 25, 2017

Korean Dinner Again 09-25-17

I went with Carol and Dick to the Korean restaurant tonight.  It was packed - on a Monday night at 6pm.  I'm glad we got a table right away.  We were the only Caucasian people there. 
 
I was disappointed in my chicken, one of their special dishes,  This is what it looked like.  The chicken was about the size of a Cornish game hen and the liquid was very bland.  The round dark thing the waitress said is a date.  I haven't tried it yet. 

You can see the size of it a little better here.  It still had it's skin on.
I ate the legs and the wings and brought the rest home to "doctor" for dinner tomorrow night.   They did supply salt/pepper mix for seasoning, it is in the picture below. 
 
Here are some of the side dishes and you can see Carol's chicken dish at the top right.
In the lower right is the dish of salt/pepper for my chicken. 
 
Clockwise from top : Cabbage in "pink sauce", Kimchee, cucumbers in spicy sauce, seaweed with hot red sauce.
 

At the top is Dick's Bimimbop - rice, meat, veggies, a fried egg.
 

Carol and I were served bowls of rice to go with our main course. 
 
When they bring the bill the serve everyone a cup of cold ginger liquid.  It is sort of thick and not at all spicy.  Very good after the assorted strong tastes of the little dishes. 

2 comments:

Carol said...

I'm so glad I got to go this time. It was definitely the most unusual dining experience I have ever had. It was like being dropped into another culture. But I felt Ike the Alia Seltzer commercial, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing ". We also had soup, an egg and scallion thin pancake, and a delicious tofoo starter!

Loretta said...

Hummmm, I just experienced another dining event with Del and friends! Thank you...I may not venture into a Korean restaurant....these old innards don't seem as flexible to exotic foods as they once did! Thanks for the experience.