Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Today's Dessert 09-26-17

I showed you Korean dinner last night, tonight I share dessert.  I drove today to San Diego with my friends Carol and Teresa, to see the current exhibits at Visions Art Museum: Contemporary Quilts and Textiles. 
 
Afterward we walked to the other end of the block to have lunch at Solare, an fine Italian restaurant.  This week is Restaurant Week in San Diego so Solare offers a special menu.  Teresa had gnocchi and Carol and I had the salmon with roasted veggies.  We all prefaced this with the delicious salad with baby greens/pears/candied walnuts/ gorgonzola cheese - one of my most favorite salads. 
 
I thought I could look up the dessert menu online, but their site doesn't list desserts.  This one is 60% chocolate with nuts and, I think, dried fruit, topped with a wondrous gelato with bits of nougat in it. 
 
Update.....09-27-17 - Carol looked online for the recipe for the dessert it is called:  
 giada-de-laurentiis/chocolate-dessert-salami
and the URL is: 
 
It does look like salami doesn't it?  Maybe not quite as red. 
It was easily divided because there were three slices of the chocolate "roll".  We shared the gelato and the raspberry puree.  I ate the raspberry.

We thought at first glance that there was whipped cream on top, but discovered it is a tiny meringue.

Closeup to see the bits of nougat in the gelato. M-m-m-m, good.
 
It was a great day with nice temperatures, but 95F back home in Placentia.  We were gone about 7-1/2 hours and poor KoKo stayed home alone.  He was a good boy. 
#   #   #

3 comments:

Carol said...

So happy we got to share this glorious day! Hooray for KoKo! I bet he got showered with love when you returned.

Carol said...

Del, I just remembered, the dessert was called Chocolate Salami!

Loretta said...

Of course!!! ;-)