Friday, July 6, 2018

Friday Food - Coupeville, WA 07-06-18

In May 2013 I took a class at the Pacific NorthWest Art School in Coupeville, WA, on Whidbey Island.  It was a great experience and I hope to go back for a different class one day.  One of the pleasant discoveries were several restaurants with great food.

The class "angel" took orders for lunch and went to Knead and Feed for takeout.  This tuna salad was delicious and we all decided that Knead and Feed would be our lunch choice for the rest of the week.  A great choice.  

We were usually on our own for dinner, but one night we all went to Frasier's in Oak Harbor.  Very elegant, excellent service, and really good food.  One of  my classmates had the lamb chops and had to have a box to go home.  

Across the table a lady had the fish soup and raved about it.  Don't know what kind of fish, but was certainly an elegant presentation. 

I ordered the crab cakes appetizer and they were much like the crab cakes I have eaten in Virginia.  Outstanding.  My main course was local Penn Cove mussels  

One evening I ate dinner alone at Christopher's in Coupeville, just a few steps from my little cabin.  I'm always a sucker for salmon.  This was salmon with raspberry sauce, zucchini, carrots, kale, raw spinach. Perfection.  

And an aside....   My phone showed it topped out at 115F today, one of the hottest days ever.  Hope tomorrow is cooler.  I am not in an area that has wild fires.  
#   #   #

3 comments:

Loretta said...

Thanks for the vacation reminder.

Sherrie Spangler said...

Did you know that Knead and Feed is where the film "Practical Magic" was filmed? The bakery was Sandra Bullock's soap shop in the movie!

Franki Kohler said...

I'm headed to the art school in Coupeville in October -- thanks for the food ideas!