Monday, August 27, 2018

Ten years ago 08-27-18

Always interesting to look back a few years, or ten.  Having all these pictures so easily accessible is amazing, I'm always discovering things I had completely forgotten about.  Ten years ago I was Poodle Nanny to Corky Loos, whose parents are water connected.  They live near the ocean and regularly went to Lake Havasu in Arizona with a great view of the lake.  Now that Corky has gone over the Rainbow Bridge I see his parents very seldom.

But I have a lot of water reflection pictures that I took for inspiration.  I doubt that I will ever tackle anything as complicated as these images, but they do bring back wonderful memories. 

At Monterey Aquarium   09-01-08

At Los Alamitos Bay   08-16-08

And Thanks for all the nice comments about the Terry Grant post, I'm so fortunate to be able to enjoy her quilts every day in my house.  

#   #   #


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I am fascinated by water/waves/reflections, and sometimes ponder how to interpret them in cloth. It goes all the way back to teen years, and a boyfriend musing on the complexity of water/waves, and challenge of depicting them.

I enjoy looking at quilts that have tackled the image; there are so many ways it is done.

Was the timing of your Terry Grant post just coincidental with her posting on her blog for the first time in months, or did her post inspire you? I did come across her post after reading yours. I thought it was amusing.