Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving notes 11-22-18

My friend Liz met me halfway between our houses to bring me a turkey dinner.  It was delicious with turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, two dinner rolls, and pecan pie. 
 I guess it looks a little pale and "flat" here, needs some broccoli on the left side of the plate.  But I just wanted to eat it and not wait to cook some veggies.  



And she gave me an extra spoonful of her special salad which I love.  I'm not sure of the ingredients, sour cream, whipped cream, crushed pineapple, maybe maraschino cherries.  

I walked down the hall to the bathroom and saw this spectacular sunset, but by the time I got my camera to take a shot it had already faded considerably.  Don't think this has any connection to the smoke from the Malibu fires, especially since we had rain early this morning.  Not much but enough to clear the air a lot. 


Some houses still have their Halloween decorations up, but two of my neighbors put their Christmas lights up today.  Time does go faster and faster each year I live!  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

There's a house half a mile from me that goes ALL-OUT for Christmas (it's known throughout the county), and he starts the decorating in early October (usually in the heat, although it cooled surprisingly early this year!) I was wondering just this morning if tonight is the light debut.