Sunday, November 25, 2018

Ellen Lindner quilt from SAQA 2018 auction 11-25-18

This is the last of the three quilts added to TCQC in October 2018 from the SAQA online auction.  I don't have the funds I once did, because I like to buy quilts!   But I was not overly impressed by the selection this year.   I like to think that the quilts submitted are the artist's very best work.  

I have long admired Ellen Linder's quilts and was glad to see these bright leaves this year.  Interesting hand stitching, but it isn't quilting because it doesn't go all the way through to the backing. 

"Crotons with Attitude"  Elllen Lindner  2018  12" X 12"
Cotton fabrics, batting, and thread. 
 Fused, raw edge applique,machine stitching, hand stitching. 

The machine stitched "outline" adds a lot of depth to the image. 


A good label with contact for the artist, in case someone wants to contact her to buy more quilts!   See more of her work at her website:  www.adventurequilter.com
#   #  #


1 comment:

Martha Ginn said...

Del, I'm so glad to know you got Ellen Lindner's croton piece. Ellen is known for her pillowcase finish with a false backing that covers and hides any messiness in the machine quilting. Quite a clever trick, and one that gives a neat edge without binding.