Sunday, March 10, 2019

Friday Food 03-10-19

Don't know how much time I have spent trying to get pictures transferred and posted on this blog.  Success tonight on the pictures of my Friday Pokey Bowl dinner.  It was delicious.  I was driving up from Lake Forest in the late afternoon and the traffic was bumper to bumper from Sand Canyon and I had all that time to think about what I would have for dinner.  So, I naturally turned off at Jamboree and went to H2O for a pokey bowl to go.  I have narrowed it down to just what I like so I got in line.  The first server gives rice, noodles, or salad greens - I always have sushi rice. 
Proceeding down the line I have two scoops of salmon, one of scallops, sweet corn, edamame, cucumber, papaya, pickled seaweed, and the H2O sauce.  The cashier sprinkles sesame seeds on top, I always ask for more, and then he collects the about $11 and I am out the door.  



I've tried it with soy sauce, but it isn't necessary, the house "dressing" is enough. 

I've sampled ten or twelve pokey places, some very close to my house, but the H2O is worth the drive down there, the offerings are so fresh and just the right selection. But I have only driven down just for a dinner once, usually I just stop when coming up from SDiego or south Orange County.  

I do love sushi and went to my local favorite Fish in a Bottle her in Placentia this evening.  
MMM MMM GOOD.
#   #   #


No comments: