Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Still sewing 05-27-19

And I am still struggling with pictures.  Talked to AOL help tonight and he gave me another, more complicated, way to send the pictures from my phone to my laptop.  So, I have these three images transferred for now.  

I think I messed up and turned the strip sets opposite directions, so the spacers line up more than they should.  The only way I will find out is to make another quilt the same, which I am not likely to do.  But if I do make another jelly roll race quilt I will be careful to always keep the top of each section matched with the top of the previous section.  Does that make sense?   I will try for a full picture tomorrow, but the top needs borders and I haven't chosen fabric for those. 

Here is the sewing helper again, with his BFF Froggie. 

And this is what he does when I ignore him for a half a second - he is fast.  And this position requires that I stop everything, remove him from the machine, and possibly throw Froggie for a while to wear him down a little bit.   He is SUCH a big help - NOT!
#   #   #

4 comments:

Loretta said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bEJLnaZQOU This may be a helpful YouTube Jelly Roll race. I found a number of different versions on the web! My supply is in the mail, so hopefully I'll have it in a few days. However, I do not have a helper nor his frog! ;-)

Mary Ann said...

My corgi hated the sewing machine and used to hide next to the toilet. Bobby doesn't care, but I think my Bernina has a high pitched whine that upsets dogs. My collie wasn't a fan of the sewing machine either.

Martha Ginn said...

Koko is so precious, and looks so lonesome for your attention. Especially when he brings his Froggie with him. I have the same problem with my cats, and of course, have lots of pics of their sweet lonesome faces! Daughter Linda and I made two jelly roll race quilts for my newest (by marriage) grandchildren. For the boy we used all colors of bandana fabric with black squares inserted. For the girl we used mostly primary colors jellyrolls without interrupting squares. We did have to rearrange a bit when too many blue strips were stacking up together. I have pictures on a blog post here if you want to look: https://marthaginn.blogspot.com/2019/01/cold-january.html These are fairly quick to piece, and the kids loved them. They are 11 and 13, so missed out on baby quilts because they just joined the family.

Carol said...

I love this picture of KoKo! What a smart dog!