Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Still trying with the pictures 05-29-19

This is specifically for Elizabeth who asked how I set my Pfaff to sew a 1/4" seam. 

With a clear ruler under the presser foot  I measure 1/4"  from the edge of whatever presser foot I am using to where I want the needle to be. 
Then I move the needle position with the dial on the right to line the needle up with the 1/4" line on the ruler.  I usually make a mark on the dial to indicate that position in case I knock the dial off kilter.  I need a good light to the right of the needle to keep on the edge.  I have also used a piece of masking tape from the edge of the presser foot to keep the fabric in line before it reaches the needle.  Since I haven't been piecing for several years it will take some practice to keep things in alignment.  Practice makes things work better and maybe, eventually, perfect!. 

#   #   #

No comments: