Saturday, March 14, 2020

Friday Food 03-13-20

My friend and I had such a nice lunch at Rosewood restaurant in Oceanside on Wednesday.  This is a place that just reading the menu makes you want to go back to try more of the tempting dishes.  We both had the Carbonara because it is both of our favorites.  And it was very good.  The noodles were a little more al dente than I prefer, but they were fat and thick and coated with sauce.


It was the first time I have been served Carbonara with a raw egg yolk that the diner mixes in. Very creamy and tasty. 

Before I broke the yolk I accepted several spoonsful of grated Parmesan cheese.

The servings were not large so we felt we could indulge in dessert.

I had the Almond Semifreddo which was filled with toasted almonds.

A decoration on the huge plate - caramel with chocolate sauce made into a star.  Nice touch. 



My lunch partner had the Expresso gelato.  Very tasty, but not as good as Talenti coffee with chocolate bits. 

#   #   # 




No comments: