Thursday, March 12, 2020

"May Day" a quilt by Jenny Lyon 03-12-20

The other day when I posted the picture of Jenny, her quilt, and me, I should have posted a picture of the quilt which has been in TCQC since October 2010 and frequently hangs on the wall at my home..  Here are some pictures of that lovely quilt.   Taken inside with artificial light - not the best. 



May Day  Jenny Lyon  2010  12" X 12"
Silk, metallic thread, beads, machine pieced and quilted.

The center design adapted from Japanese Mon. 

This is the best close up I can do with my camera.  It shows the amazingly accurate quilting and all those tiny beads. 


The back of quilt.  Jenny has used a sheer for the sleeve and written info on the back instead of a label.  No way to get in touch with the artist!  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Thank you for sharing Jenny's wonderful quilt. She is a marvelous free motion quilter. Her choice of design, fabrics and techniques are unsurpassed. She researches threads, fabrics, stabilizers, sewing techniques, and on and on just so her quilts are 'perfect'! Jenny shares continuously with any and all quilters all of this information with humor and grace!