Tuesday, July 7, 2020

A get out of the house day! 07-07-20

I just needed to GO somewhere, so KoKo and I got in the car and drove to Long Beach.  I have been day dreaming about the fabulous carrot cake at Katella Deli & Bakery, and I want to share it with a couple of my neighbors.  Especially the John family that feeds me Indian food.   It is a 30 - 40 minute drive, depending on the traffic.  And there was traffic, which surprised me.  Guess I expected the light traffic that I have seen since the Virus came along.  

The Bakery counter is long and filled with wonderfulness.   But I had order the cake online, along with a loaf of their seeded bread and two bear claws for the freezer. 


Even with ordering ahead I had to stand in line for a bit and I just drooled over all these gorgeous cakes.  



This one was so shiny there is a reflection, but that may be on the glass.  Yummy looking anyway. 


This is the one I drove all the way for.  Directly from the top, still in its box. 

The cake is three layers and about 4" tall.  This was my portion for dinner!  Wicked but delicious. 

#   #   #



2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

It is a veggie dessert so it is good for you!

Loretta said...

And, I'll double Mary Ann's comment....you need your vitamins A and K! Virtually, I had a bite too!