Friday, July 17, 2020

Friday Food 07-17-20

High on the list of things I am missing these days are desserts!  I suppose this is obvious if I am willing to drive to Long Beach for a carrot cake.   I've always been big on desserts, which has made me big in reality, I suppose.  And I look back at pictures of desserts I have eaten at restaurants and long to look over a dessert tray at a fancy joint!  Here are a few memorable choices. 


From Solare at Liberty Station, San Diego  Feb 2013
This sphere is semifreddo with a filling of raspberry and a light coating of cookie crumbs.   I can't remember what it was called on the menu - not a word I have ever seen.
  I checked with Solare and found that their name for this spherical desert is "Sfera".  I believe they have named it after this sculpture:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sfera_con_Sfera

Cutting it open reveals the raspberry heart.  The semifreddo was different in this, more like frozen mousse than ice cream.  I think this is one of the best desserts I have had in quite a long time. 

Also in San Diego at a Japanese restaurant. 



This was a huge scoop of green tea ice cream heavily drizzled with chocolate sauce.  Memorable.

Also at Solare   September 25, 2012

I can't give you the exact name, but it was a ricotta lemon cheesecake with a lovely crust served on a plate decorated with lemon sauce and strawberry sauce. 

In my dreams!
#   #   #


3 comments:

Loretta said...

Continue dreaming....Stay well.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Oh mt you are making me hungry! They all look delicious.

Carol said...

One of my favorite lunches was being there with you for a leisurely lunch during a rain storm. The moment our lunch was finished, the rain stopped and the sun came out. I think you had semifreddo that day. Someday we’ll go back!