Thursday, July 30, 2020

Froggy's surgery 07-30-20

Apologies for my absence, I have been unable to get online since Sunday night.  Problem with AT&T.  It was all very frustrating and I talked to guys all over the world who I couldn't understand and they were not helpful.  I think I need to find a computer guru such as I had years ago when I first started using the Internet. 

Monday night Froggy needed major surgery as KoKo had ripped his tail almost completely off and was eating his stuffing.  It was a case for Emergency Surgery. 

I trimmed away all the torn "flesh" thinking I could just put on a patch, but the damage was too extensive. 

The fabric his skin is made of is sort of terry cloth like, maybe what was called French terry, but I don't know where to buy such a thing.  

So, I found this green quilting cotton in my green box and cut two pieces with a protrusion for his tail, sewing them together on the machine and turning so the seam went down his back.  Turned the edges under and pinned all the way around.  Hand stitching was required with very close together stitches in the hope KoKo won't rip them out.  

His tail is a bit larger than the original, but it is the part that KoKo chews and sucks on, so maybe bigger is better.  

Here is the "new" Froggy.  He looks a bit like he has a turtle's shell, doesn't he?  There are still some holes that I need to sew up and I will get to those soon.  Meanwhile KoKo seems to accept the newness and brought him to me to throw this evening.  So, I think, all is well. 

#   #   #

3 comments:

Loretta said...

Froggie is fixed, KoKo is happy and life is good!

abelian said...

Whew! Glad that KoKo didn't object to the taste of the new fabric! Dottie

Martha Ginn said...

Good job repairing Froggy, Del. I'm glad Koko still loves him. I made a pair of little dolls for a niece about 50 years ago; she called them Boy Doll and Girl Doll, and she still has them. Boy Doll was her favorite, and he had multiple surgeries throughout his life--somewhat like Froggy.