Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Epiphyllums 08-24-20

Several pots of epiphyllums appeared in one of my neighbors' front yards, right where he puts out his trash cans.  I couldn't stop myself, I knocked on the door and asked why they were out there.  I was thinking maybe he was going to dump them.  No such luck.  They have a very shaded backyard and he moved them out front where there is almost day long sun.  

There were five buds along with this fresh blossom and by now they have all bloomed.  I'm aching to go down with my clippers and clean them up.  But that would be a real nosey old lady thing to do, wouldn't it? 




Such amazing beauty on such an ugly plant. 

After a session with a new computer guru, I thought I had conquered my photo problem, but my brain has dropped a step somewhere and I still have a problem.  I'll keep working on it.  And hope to blog daily again.  

#   #   #

2 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful blossom!

Loretta said...

I wonder -- chat with your neighbor about how beautiful the plants are and wondered if when he is ready to transplant them, if he does, you would LOVE a cutting? I think succulents root easily to start a new plant. Just one section of a 'branch' is all you'd need I think. It is a gorgeous flower and to have as start up would be fantastic. Good luck! Please, take care and stay well. Pats to KoKo!