Tuesday, September 15, 2020

A visit to Visions Art Museum in San Diego 09-15-20

Visions Art Museum, which shows exhibits of quilts and textiles opened again today and I drove down to meet my friend Judy and enjoy the work of Judith Content and Melody Money.  It was worth the four hour drive down and back.  

I have long been a fan of Judith Content's work and there are several of her quilts in the Collection and several pieces of her button jewelry in my drawer .  Beside that she is just such a delightful person.  Part of the exhibit is the video of Judith working in her studio that is part of "Craft in America" on PBS.   They have a screen set up and will run the video, but it is hard to hear and, of course, one must watch alone due to social distancing.  Look it up on YouTube instead. 

I don't believe I have ever seen Melody Money's work "in the fabric", so I was delighted to see all the tiny details she includes.  Lots of hand work, embroidery, and beading.  

Because of Covid-19 California museums have been closed and just re-opened this week.  However, if the infection rate goes up again, the museums will have to shut down again.  So, if you want to see these excellent pieces GO NOW!  Reservations are required, look on the website, and the open hours are limited.  https://visionsartmuseum.org/


















No comments: