Saturday, October 17, 2020

Things are looking up 10-17-20

Better today.  I can walk to the bathroom and to the kitchen with only the cane.  Just a few times today and admittedly I held onto the wall a couple steps and the walker is at hand.  But an improvement. Thanks to friends I had a Starbucks this morning and delicious homemade potato soup tonight.  With enough leftover for tomorrow.  

Have a friend willing to take me to the doctor's appointment on Monday and I also received the 14 page medical record papers to fill out for the Orthopaedic doctor a week from Monday.  I did some sewing on the 3-D fish for the SAQA Florida project and hope to finish it tomorrow.  So, you can tell I am going to get over this.  Maybe not in one smooth transition, but a step at a time.  

While all this has been going on, the Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA) held their very successful online auction of 12" square quilts and I managed to spend the money I had set aside for this purpose.  This one did not come from SAQA but from the artist's website.  She posted she was having a reduce inventory sale and I jumped at it.  Her work is unique and I like adding new artists to the Collection. 


'Wavy Houses"  Sue Bleiweiss - Massachusetts  2020

12" square Hand-dyed fabric, fused, machine quilted. 

#   #   #

2 comments:

Loretta said...

FANTASTIC NEWS...you are in repair. SUPER! Taking it one step at a time does the trick...pleased you are on the mend!

Sharon Richards said...

Sorry to hear of your being laid up with sciatica. I have bouts of it, but as soon as I detect twinges, I immediately start doing the exercises and (for now) have avoided serious cases of it.

You sound as if you are healing and I hope to read that you are pain free soon.