Thursday, December 17, 2020

Southern California Contemporary Quilts Part 3 12-17-20

 Nelda is a member of Art Stream, a small art quilt group in San Diego that I also belong to.  It was so interesting to watch this quilt come together and to see how she solve any problems she ran into.  It is 29" L X 31.5"W




Another recognition of the SCalifornia fire hazard was created by Pam Palmer-Lowe.  It acknowledges the women from prison fire crews who put their lives on the line despite their incarceration.  Their colorful identifying uniforms are in stark contrast to the blacken forest. 




#   #   #

2 comments:

Loretta said...

Two wonderful quilts. I like very much the Hockney tribute...always and any Hockney is fine with me. Pam's quilt of the Incarcerated Heroes is not only a beautifully made quilt, but one that has a message honoring the brave women heroes. It certainly is very creative and inspirational. Thank you so much for sharing.

Rebecca said...

I LOVE Nelda's Hockney tribute. I have vacationed in Palm Springs, and I can place myself there just looking at it. Plus, as Loretta said: Hockney!