Monday, December 14, 2020

Time off 12-14-20

I didn't mean to take a week off and I am sorry I caused some of you to worry, but  I have been struggling with keeping on my feet and trying to get back to "normal".   Couldn't do PTherapy because I was running a temp.  Seems to have been the UTI that has been haunting me off and on for the last few months.  Just generally feeling rotten on top of my sciatica problems.  I did see the orthopedist again last Friday and he thinks I should have another epidural.  I doubt that will happen until after the first of the new year.  I am waiting for a call back from the injection doc.  If I continue to feel better each day I will probably pass on that.    KoKo and I continue to walk twice a day and sometimes, like today, we do the loop both times.  I do think it makes an improvement in my aches and pains, but sometimes I don't have the energy.  I continue to do the exercises at home.  

I have been driving locally, to the market, the drugstore, takeout food, Starbuck's, but last Thursday I drove to Oceanside to have lunch with my friend Beth.  Oceanside is about halfway between us, an hour from San Diego and an hour from Placentia.  We each take our own lunch, park next to each other in the OMA lot,  roll down our windows and have a lovely visit while we eat.  Not the same as sitting in a restaurant and hugging on arrival/departure, but better than not seeing each other at all.  The traffic was mostly light, but I was whipped when I got home.  KoKo had stayed with Cherie and Jim overnight and I picked him up on the way home.  Needless to say I needed a nap and he joined me, as usual.  

Two special cards in the mail today.  I have always been fascinated by the 3-D folding cards and this is a very nice Snowman.  Also a quilled bluebird (of happiness) which was accompanied by a nice long letter HANDWRITTEN!  Haven't had one of those in years.  I will respond, but it will have to be typed as I can not even read my own cursive anymore.  





#   #   #


3 comments:

abelian said...

Sending a hug, Del! Keep plugging away at getting better! Dottie

Rebecca said...

On a walk around my neighborhood, I saw a woman putting snowman decorations outside. We talked a bit, and she just loves snowmen...they were lined up in the upper and lower windows of her house, and more out of sight, I'd bet. I find it amusing how southern Californians like snowmen so much!

I worked for a man with terrible handwriting once. He said I'd get used to it; I doubted him. Eventually, he came to me to interpret something he had written! (Yes, I could read it better then he.)

I echo Dottie. Fell well!

Loretta said...

I echo both Dottie and Rebecca....hang in there and soon to feel good again. Del, take care, rest, I like your thoughts on the epidural. Pats to KoKo.