Thursday, January 28, 2021

Dancing water bottles! 01-28-21

Just a short explanation about the "dancing water bottles".  Thanks to Shasta for that delightful title!   In January I check my "emergency supplies", which are not very extensive, but stored water is one of the necessities.  I didn't mark the date on these bottles, don't know why not, I usually do.  And I have never had the bottles collapse like this.  It would have to be temperature related, but these were stored where I always store them, which is inside the house rather than in the garage.  They are kind of whimsical, aren't they?   The water is fine and I am using them up now.  New bottles in the same cabinet, but with the date on them. 

It was a gorgeous day with just a slight wind and lots of blue sky.  In the distance the mountains were snow covered and topped with bright white clouds.  About 9:30p it started to rain, but soon petered out.  Hope we get some more during the night and/or tomorrow.  It has been so dry for so long.  

#   #   #

3 comments:

sonja said...

drunkin bottles come to mind. i have had that happen here as well. i thought perhaps the plastic is thinner. they look like they sucked in their checks.

Rebecca said...

I can't see a picture, but I'm fairly certain that companies are using lighter, thinner bottles now (in order to use less plastic).

"Sucked in their cheeks" gets me thinking of expansion and contraction. I have opened a bottle on a plane, then had it collapse a little at ground level. Heat/cold would affect them, too, but I wouldn't think you'd have a huge difference inside!

Rebecca said...

Oh, now I see! I'm going backwards!