Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Additions to TCQC 03-02-21

 During this past year I have added only a few quilts to the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection.   A few from the SAQA online auction in the fall and now there are three from the SAQA Traveling Trunk Show - 2016.  Every year there are several trunks of 10" X 7" quilts that are available to show what is happening in the quilt world.  They can be rented from the SAQA website and they travel all over the country.  At the end of three years these "quiltlets" are put up for sale.  I have purchased a few in the past, adding them to the "small quilts" section of TCQC.  When they travel they are in cello sleeves to keep them clean and have Velcro dots on the back of the sleeves to allow mounting on a fabric wall.  

I love scraps and use them a lot.  But I never thought of doing something like this. 



There are several Karen Rips pieces in the Collection.  I particularly like this one because of the variety of textures and lines. 


I know this Ikea fabric!  Sonia has used it in her unique way.  Like it a lot. 


#   #   #


5 comments:

Karen Rips said...

Thank you Del, it’s nice to see that quilt again!

Loretta said...

I do appreciate your constant quick quilt shows of new purchases and a second look at old favorites. I love the fact that your selections are always chosen by your very selective eye for design, technique, fabric selection, artistic talent, and even perhaps breaking a rule or two. Thank you so very much.

Sonia said...

Thank you, Del! Surprised to learn that you recognize this fabric as I purchased it a very long time ago. I have used it in many small quilts. Perhaps you will be happy to learn that I have donated the purchase price to SAQA. Win, win all around.

Sonia said...

P.S. I feel honored to have quilts in your collection!

Kay Taylor said...

Thank you for sharing this! I know Sonia (part of a small quilt group I belong to) and love her work - I don't believe she's ever made anything I don't like.