Monday, March 1, 2021

Food, again. 03-01-21


Yes, it is a shark cake, I suppose for a shark loving kid!  On the way home from my doctor's visit I stopped at Rockwell's Restaurant and Bakery in Villa Park.  Not far off the 55Fwy I have gone to the bakery for many years, but only now and then.  They make spectacular cakes and this one caught my eye.  It is tall, probably 12 inches, and the simple fins tell immediately what it represents.  But I wasn't there for cake.  Their muffins are large and delicious, via for my attention along with the bear claws, cheese Danish, snickerdoodles, and a broad assortment of goodies.  I usually just buy the muffins - cranberry and pumpkin today - but I was tempted by the bear claws and had to have a snicckerdoodle.  This after the doctor pointed out that my glucose count was slightly elevated, but not enough to worry about.  So, I didn't.  (The diagonal white line on the left of the image is a reflection in the glass.)

My thyroid succumbed to radio active isotopes in the late 70s, so I take Synthroid every day.  But the amount needed goes up and down over the years and the doctor is now reducing it a bit.  Of course, I have recently refilled the higher doage prescription.  Sigh.  Thyroid affects mood and fatigue and this may help alleviate my ongoing problem - maybe it isn't the sciatica and the TIA and the Covid vaccine or just plain old age!   Meanwhile, KoKo seems to be much better and we did the loop twice today.  The vet is supposed to call tomorrow to see what we need to do now. 

#   #   # 

 

1 comment:

abelian said...

Sounds like things are looking up; glad KoKo is feeling better. Muffins and snickerdoodles sound yummy. I'll have to hold off on bakery visits for a few more weeks, since a Girl Scout granddaughter and two Boy Scout grandsons have just sold me cookies and See's candy! They're doing all their sales online, with FedEx delivery. Dottie