Saturday, April 10, 2021

And more flowers 04-10-21

As I have said earlier, for flowers I need to look to my neighbors since I don't garden anymore.  I especially enjoy this front yard planted by a lady who was a florist and did wedding flowers until a few years ago.  I do like her combinations. 



She has not divided these white iris for a number of years and they resemble a flock of white birds.

Nearby is this wisteria which is only about three feet tall, but spreads out into the other plantings. 


Lovely roses are tucked in here and there, hanging over the low brick edging. 


Among the "traditional" flowers she has planted succulents, including this red shaded Aeonium.  

Today I enjoyed watching the ZOOM Meet the Teachers meeting from the Southern California Council of Quilt Guilds.  It is, of course, usually a live event which is very exciting with about thirty teachers speaking for about three minutes and showing their work.  Same format on ZOOM, but not seeing the quilts in-the-fabric is a little disappointing.  They presented some new techniques and styles and were mostly very articulate and organized.  Some technical problems but the moderators dealt with aplomb.  The Northern California Council of Quilt Guilds is presenting their Meet the Teachers on April 14th.  Check their website if you are interested.  

#   #   #



 

No comments: